Sunday 17 February 2008

Etude One (1) - The Concept

The character design that the head model will be created from is of a young girl. I have yet to practice modelling a female character in 3D and this will serve as good practice. In addition by having a young female character this will prompt me to be more concise in my modelling as the girl's facial features will have to be delicately modelled especially since I am keeping the polygon count low, which will result in rougher edges on the final 3D model.

During the creation of the model I will focus on numerous key areas (below).

Facial feature focal areas:

Head shape

Lips

Hair

Below are some initial head concepts I sketched for the character. Proportions and form are important at this stage and will be more so during the modelling to create a convincing 3D model of a young girl.


No comments: