Friday 21 March 2008

Etude Three (3) - Evaluated Process

I felt as though I could end the etude as it was as an attempt to create piece the I had initially conceptualised but as I began to look through footage and films I began to filter my search to preference. I found that many martial arts films are in the public domain however I am aware that remixing of old martial arts media isn't particularly new, for example the music producer/artist "RZA" is well known for being a martial arts fan and has remixed the audio from many martial arts films and the film "Kung Pow: Enter the fist" is a comedic parody of old film and utilises compositing, character replacement and careful editing. In addition the music video for the group "The Chemical Brothers" contained a number of edited shots using facial editing/cg replacement on actors faces to have them lip sync with the song "Get Yourself High" (below).



Therefore creatively I am considering whether or not I should use martial arts films. This decision depends on the film I find and what I believe I could add to the footage. If this seems unachievable within the time constraints i.e. proves too time consuming then I will do what I had previously stated in the last entry.

Chemical Brothers - "Get Yourself High" Directed by Joseph Kahn Music Video Available at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqBjSbc77Qo&eurl

or

http://www.boardsmag.com/screeningroom/musicvideos/897/#

[accessed 21st March 2008]

No comments: